Considering that 100 years ago, doing the laundry involved some serious arm muscles, I feel pretty lucky to be able to toss clothes into a machine and have them come out clean.
That said, keeping a busy household in fresh garments, sheets and towels isn’t always easy. For a smooth laundry day (and no more missing socks!), here are 10 tips and tricks. Try one or try them all.
- 1. Keep your washer fresh by leaving the door ajar after each load
- 2. Don’t let laundry ruin your day
- 3. Do separate loads for each person
- 4. Put socks in mesh bags
- 5. Dedicate a space to dry delicates
- 6. Turn clothes right side out before folding
- 7. Hang totes for dry cleaning and delicates
- 8. Corral your supplies
- 9. Set out some helpful extras
- 10. Use baskets to presort laundry