Searches for colorful foods are climbing as two cultural trends hit the food world. Nothing is sacred from rainbow: everything from unicorn grilled cheese to DIY takes on the Unicorn Frappuccino.
Searches for “millennial pink” foods are also up as people translate this popular clothing color to the culinary world.
1. Watermelon Sorbet
Hot temperatures are no match for Watermelon Sorbet’s icy powers of cool. Fresh watermelon, simple syrup and a dash of citrus are all you need to capture summer in bowl. Simple and sweet.
- 4 cups Watermelon
- 1 tbsp Lemon or lime juice, fresh
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Dixie crystals extra fine granulated sugar
- Place watermelon into a blender and puree. Add lemon juice and transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- Into a heavy bottom pan add sugar and water and bring to a boil. Whisk until sugar is incorporated. Continue cooking until mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon. Allow to come to room temperature and then transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- After chilled, mix simple syrup (approximately 3/4 cup) with pureed watermelon. Pour mixture through a sieve and into your ice cream maker. Churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- If not serving immediately, transfer to freezer appropriate container until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
2. Beet Pasta Spring
This Beet Pasta Recipe is perfect for spring! Made with fresh beet pasta, lemon juice, a touch of olive oil, arugula, goat cheese, and toasted pine nuts, this pasta is easy, fresh, and delicious!
Check here for the recipes: https://showmetheyummy.com/beet-pasta-recipe/
3. Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
This strawberry banana smoothie bowl makes a flavorful and delicious fruit, nut, and oat smoothie bowl! Great for breakfast or an afternoon treat!
Read the recipes: http://addapinch.com/strawberry-banana-smoothie-bowl-recipe/
4. Doughnuts Almond Breeze
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond breeze
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and set aside. In a small saucepan on medium heat, stir in the 1/2 cup almond breeze, 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, 1 egg and 4 tablespoons softened butter.
Stirring constantly with a whisk until butter melts. Combine the wet mixture to the dry flour mix until smooth. With a large spoon, pour the doughnut batter into an ungreased doughnut pan. Bake for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove baked doughnuts immediately from pan and place onto a cooling rack.
5. Strawberry Frose
Click on the link above to read the full megic of recipes.
6. Cinnamon Beet Rools
A recipe for deeply colored cinnamon beet rolls made with pureed beets, orange zest, and a hint of ginger.
Vegetarian ∙ Makes 24 rolls
- 1 cup Beets
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 1 1/3 tbsp Orange, zest
- 2 Egg
Baking & Spices
- 4 1/2 tsp Active dry yeast
- 25 tsp Cane sugar, natural
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Muscovado sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp Sea salt, fine grain
- 2 1/2 cups Spelt flour, light
- 1 tbsp Turbinado sugar, raw
- 3 1/2 cups Whole wheat flour, white
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 6 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Water
7. Rapsberry Rhubarb Almond Bars
The filling is a similar to a frangipane, which is a fluffy almond paste that bakes into a gooey, fluffy texture that pairs perfectly with the raspberries and rhubarb. Read more > bakerita.com/raspberry-rhubarb-almond-bars-gluten-free-paleo
8. Beet Hummus
- 1 Beet, small roasted
- 1 15 ounce can Chickpeas, cooked
- 2 large cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon, Zest of large
- 1 Lemon, Juice of small
- 2 tbsp Tahini
Baking & Spices
- 1 Black pepper, Freshly ground
- 1 Pinch Sea salt
Oils & Vinegars
- 1/4 cup Olive oil, extra virgin
- Well rinsed and drained minced
9. Pink Champagne Cake
This Pink Champagne Cake is the perfect way to celebrate any occasion or holiday! A champagne infused cake with a classic vanilla buttercream.
10. Watermelon Radish Carpaccio